$.002 PER WORD
Plot and character development, dialogue, style—whatever your needs, I can help you develop your project from a good idea to a well-executed product.
$.005 PER WORD
Grammar, punctuation, spelling, consistency, and word usage, as well as suggestions for better wording.
WHAT PEOPLE SAY
"Kristen is a joy to work with. Her developmental suggestions are always well thought out and her line editing is incredibly thorough. Her pricing is reasonable and turnaround good. She is my go-to editor for certain projects now. Highly recommended."
USA Today Bestselling Author Carrie Whitethorne
HOW WE WORK TOGETHER
Your novel is drafted, and you’ve completed your own round(s) of self-editing. Now what?
This is where I step in! Getting your novel ready for publication should not feel like rocket science or a day spent in the gladiatorial arena. Here is what you can expect with me:
1. Initial Contact – Let’s chat about your project and needs!
2. Sample Edit – Send me a portion of your project to edit through Google Docs, etc., and I will provide an example of the services I offer based on your needs.
3. Provide Quote – I will provide a quote of services and discuss any final questions you have before moving forward.
4. Establish Agreement – To secure my services, I require a non-refundable deposit of 25% of the agreed-upon fee up front. Half (50%) of the remainder will be due upon completion of the first round, and a final payment upon completion of second round of edits. (Payment structure is negotiable.)
5. First Round of Edits – All edits occur in real time using Google Drive to keep both editor and author on schedule for publication.
6. Second Round – When the edits are complete and final payment submitted, I will return the file to you to finalize for proofreading and formatting.
If you prefer not to use Google Drive, I will edit directly in MS Word and email back the document with first round edits for your review. We can discuss any questions and comments regarding the edits prior to starting the final round of edits.
The second round of edits will not be returned until final payment is received.
I look forward to working with you! Please let me know if you have any questions.